Certified Death Certificates:
Certified copies of the death certificate may be required for the
- The transfer of an individual CHECKING ACCOUNT or a
"joint" checking account if it is in the name of more than one
person without "or" or "and/or" appearing in the account's
- Transfer of an individual SAVINGS ACCOUNT or a "joint"
savings account if it is not an "or" account.
- Transfer of an individual SAFE DEPOSIT BOX or a safe
deposit box in the name of other parties unless the ownership is
taken as "or."
- Transfer of each TITLE OF REAL ESTATE OWNERSHIP. This
applies to property with the title taken as "Joint Tenancy with
the Right of Survivorship."
- Transfer of each TITLE OF OWNERSHIP for all registered
motor vehicles. (Multiple names on the title does not apply if
the words "or" or "and/or" appear on the title between the names
of the registered owners.)
- One for each LIFE INSURANCE POLICY claim. (If there are
multiple policies with one single company, a separate Certified
Copy of the Death Certificate may be required for each policy
- One for each claim for BURIAL OR FUNERAL INSURANCE
- One for each death benefit claim from a UNION.
- Transfer of ownership of STOCK. One for each
transaction if the stock is sold or transferred separately.
- Transfer or redemption of BONDS.
- Transfer or redemption of TREASURY BILLS (T-BILLS).
- Transfer or redemption of CERTIFICATES OF DEPOSIT
- Transfer or redemption of MONEY MARKET ACCOUNTS.
- To "roll over" an IRA ACCOUNT.
- Federal and state INCOME TAX RETURNS.
Certified copies of the death certificate are not required to
claim Social Security "Lump Sum Death Benefits" or to apply for
"Survivor Benefits." Only a "Verification Of Death" is
required. Beddingfield Funeral Service will automatically supply this
at no charge.
Copyright © 2011 - 2017
Beddingfield Funeral Service
4323 Moorpark Ave Ste C
San Jose CA 95129